NEET 2019 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is the single national level medical entrance exam. Rank obtained in NEET exam forms the basis for admission to undergraduate medical, dental, AYUSH programs in all MCI and DCI approved medical institutes except those established by Acts of Parliament.
More than 14 lakh students register for NEET every year. After class 12, medical aspirants in India must appear and qualify NEET 2019 in order to get admission in UG programs including MBBS, BDS. National Testing Agency (NTA) is the exam conducting body for NEET exam.
NEET 2019 will be held on May 05, 2019, in more than 140 cities in India. Interested candidates who also satisfy all eligibility criteria can apply online on the new website of NTA NEET 2019. It is expected that the new website which will be launched by NTA for the NEET 2019 exam will be ntaneet.nic.in.
|NEET 2019 Application Form|
On Nov 01, 2018, NTA will issue NEET 2019 Application Form. Anyone who wishes to sit in the NEET exam for admission to academic session 2019-2020 should apply by the last date that is Nov 30, 2018. Soon after that application form status will be published and candidates will also get a chance to do form correction, or in other words edit mistakes in online application form.
Then NTA will release NEET 2019 Admit Card on Apr 15, 2019, which is a just a few weeks before exams. Candidates will know their assigned exam centres through it and they should make necessary travel arrangements to reach exam center.
As soon as exam is conducted on May 05, 2019, on the same day NEET 2019 Answer Key will be released by various coaching centres. Shortly thereafter NTA will also release the official answer key along with scanned copy of OMR response sheet. Candidates can submit challenges to official answer key of NTA NEET 2019 and also OMR sheets.
Then on basis of final answer key, NEET 2019 Result will be announced on Jun 05, 2019, exactly one month after exam. Candidates who obtain qualifying cut off marks will be able to participate in counselling for admission.
NEET 2019 Important Dates
NTA has announced the complete schedule of NEET 2019. Dates on which all important activities of NEET exam are taking place are given below. Mark them in your calendar.
|NEET 2019||Important Dates|
|NTA will release NEET 2019 Application Form||1st November 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||30th November 2018|
|Last date to pay application fee||1st December 2018|
|Availability of NEET application form correction 2019||December 2018|
|Issuance of admit card of NEET 2019||15th April 2019|
|Exam Date||5th May 2019 (10 AM to 1 PM)|
|Candidates can check unofficial answer key from||5th May 2019|
|NTA will release official answer key of NEET 2019||May 2019|
|Declaration of NEET Result 2019||5th June 2019|
|15% AIQ counselling will start||June 2019|
Significance Of NEET 2019
Medical admission rules in India dictate that:
- National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) should be the only qualifying cum ranking entrance exam for admission in MBBS / BDS every year.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum marks in NEET exam 2019, and also have minimum marks in qualifying exam, in order to be eligible for MBBS/BDS admission 2019-2020.
- Reservation in colleges and universities will be as per rules of that state or union territory in which the college is existing. Merit lists will be compiled on basis of their marks obtained in NEET 2019 only for eligible candidates (as per above point).
- Until 2018, CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) has conducted the NEET exam. Now from 2019 onwards, NTA (National Testing Agency) shall conduct NEET.
Candidates are requested to note that NTA is only responsible for conducting the entrance exam, declaring result, and providing All India Rank (AIR) to DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services) that works under the MoHFW (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare) for 15% all India quota counselling, counselling to deemed universities, central universities, ESIC, AFMC, BHU, AMU. Also, NTA will provide AIR to state counselling authorities and other admitting institutions.
All state governments, central entities shall utilize NEET 2019 results for the purpose of admission to their institutes as per their existing rules.
Respective counselling authorities, admission bodies shall carry out document verification, eligibility verification as per norms of their own medical colleges. Admission to following seats will be through NEET 2019.
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
NEET 2019 Exam Date
NTA will conduct National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) on 5th May 2019 (Sunday) from 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM. Examination shall be of 03 hours. There shall be no changes to date of exam.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam will have a single paper in that language that has been selected by candidate at the time of filling application form. It shall comprise of 180 multiple choice questions with 4 options each having single correct answer. Questions in NEET exam will be on Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology). Candidates need to mark answers using ball point pen in OMR sheet that is provided to them in exam hall.
Duration of NEET 2019 Exam shall be 03 hours.
Question Paper Languages
Languages in which NEET 2019 question paper shall be framed are 11 in number and they are as follows.
Candidates are asked to exercise choice of question paper languages in NEET 2019 Application Form.
Those who select English as choice of language will get question paper in English language only.
Such candidates who opt for Hindi or any other language will get test booklet in that language and English.
If there is any discrepancy in questions, then that in English language question paper shall be final.
NEET 2019 Syllabus
All questions in NEET 2019 exam shall be on common syllabus that was published by MCI in 2013. Candidates must study all topics in syllabus of NEET exam. It comprises of topics taught in class 11 and 12 in subjects of physics, chemistry, biology. Keeping in mind diversity of syllabus among boards, exact syllabus is published with NEET 2019 information brochure every year. Check below for complete syllabus.
|SNo||CLASS XI||CLASS XII|
|1||Physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|3||Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|4||Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|5||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|7||Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|8||Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|9||Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|10||Oscillations and Waves|
|SNo||CLASS XI||CLASS XII|
|1||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|2||Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|3||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|4||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|5||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|6||Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|7||Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|8||Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|10||s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|11||Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|12||Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13||Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|16||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|SNo||CLASS XI||CLASS XII|
|1||Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|2||Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|3||Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|4||Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|5||Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
NEET 2019 Exam Centres
Cities where NEET 2019 exam will be conducted is given below. Every candidate (Indian, NRI, OCI, PIO, Foreigner) has to select 3 city codes while filling application form.
It is responsibility of candidate to ensure that the selected cities are either in their state of residence or in a nearby city.
Exam organizers, NTA, shall try their best to accommodate applicant in choice of city, however if there are less seats in centres than number of applicants in that city, then candidates will get other NEET 2019 exam centre in any other city.
Exam centre for NEET 2019 shall be allotted on basis of preference and availability, and not on basis of language of question paper selected.
Candidates are allotted NEET 2019 Exam Centres through a computerized method. Human decisions do not play any role in city or centre allotment.
NTA shall not entertain requests for change in exam centre under any circumstances. Therefore once candidate sees allotted centre in NEET 2019 Admit Card, they should make arrangements to reach it on time on exam day.
List Of Cities
|S.No.||Name of State||Name of City|
|1||And.& Nicobar||Port Blair|
|21||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|22||Daman & Diu||Daman|
|44||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for NEET 2019 exam is followed as per Indian Medical Council Act 1956, Dentists Act 1948 as amended from time to time. Eligibility conditions are as follows.
- Candidate must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission, or should complete the minimum age on or before 31st December 2019.
- Upper age limit for NTA NEET 2019 is 25 years as on the date of exam. There is a relaxation of 5 years for candidates who belong to SC / ST / OBC / PWD category.
- Candidates can be Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals.
Age limit in order to be eligible for NEET exam 2019 is as follows.
|Unreserved Category (UR) Candidates||born on or between 06.05.1994 and 01.01.2003|
|For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PH Category||born on or between 06.05.1989 and 01.01.2003|
Eligibility Criteria for Seats Under States / Deemed Universities / Central Universities / ESIC / AFMC / BHU / AMU / Central Pool Quota
- Candidates who are Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission through NEET 2019 as per existing rules of State Governments, Institution and the Government of India.
- Those who are Foreign Nationals are required to check their eligibility from medical / dental colleges and state.
Eligibility Criteria For 15% All India Quota Seats
Candidates who are Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission through NEET exam 2019 in 15% All India Quota Seats.
Candidates who are from state of Jammu and Kashmir
- Jammu and Kashmir students are ineligible for 15% All India Quota seats as the state had opted out of AIQ scheme. Those who wish to be eligible need to submit self declaration which is generated and printed at the time of form filling with confirmation page. This has to be presented during counselling.
- Self declaration document and its details are verified during counselling. Candidates with correct details in self declaration only can go ahead.
- Students from JnK are eligible to appear in NTA NEET 2019 in order to get admission to private medical and dental colleges, deemed university, AFMC as long as they fulfill their eligibility criteria.
- Students who belong to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are eligible as the AP Govt and TS state Govt have both sent letter no.13021/C1/2016 dated 06.11.2017 & letter no.7072/C1/2017 dated 07.11.2017 respectively to convey that AP and TS have decided to join and contribute to All India Quota seats.
Qualifications And Qualification Codes
CODE : 01
Appearing in class 12 exam in 2019 can apply for NTA NEET exam 2019 however he/she must pass QE with required pass percentage at time of first counselling.
CODE : 02
Higher Secondary Exam or Senior Secondary Exam equivalent to 10+2 after 12 years study. Last 2 years of study must have comprised of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (with practicals) and Math or any other elective subject with English not lower than core level of English prescribed by NCERT after introduction of 10+2+3 educational model.
In the event that candidate has completed his studies from a 10+2 education structure not as per structure of National Committee, then candidate has to complete 1 year pre professional training before admission in medical college.
CODE : 03
Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science from recognized body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology (with practicals) and also English as a compulsory subject.
CODE : 04
Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (with practicals) & English as compulsory subject after passing either HS or Pre-University or equivalent exam.
CODE : 05
Ist year of 3 yrs degree course with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including(with practical). Also candidate must have passed earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology with English at core level.
CODE : 06
B.Sc. from recognized Indian University with not less than two subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology. Also candidate must have passed earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
CODE : 07
Any other equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology (with practicals) and English. Course should be equivalent to Inter Science Examination conducted by University or Board of India with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including its practical exam and English.
Qualifying Exam Marks Requirement For NEET 2019
In order to be eligible for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019, candidate must have passed any of the above qualifying exams stated above, or appearing in it in 2019.
UR: Also, candidate must have passed individually in subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and obtained 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology only then if they come in the merit list of NEET exam will they be eligible for MBBS/BDS admission.
SC / ST / OBC: Candidates who belong to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) or Other Backward Classes (OBC) must have obtained 40% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology in qualifying examination.
PWD: Those who are candidates with Bench Mark Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (PWD) must have obtained 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany & Zoology)/Bio-technology in qualifying examination.
Studied Abroad: Students who are appearing in NEET exam 2019 after completing studies abroad should have passed Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology and English upto class 12 with 50% marks. Equivalency of studies shall be verified on basis of concerned university and MCI rules.
Those who do not fall in any of the educational qualification codes 1-7 need to give complete details of their education to determine eligibility.
- Medical or science college can conduct pre-medical course.
- Mathematics score are not used for admission to MBBS and BDS program.
- Students who are coming after studies from foreign or international board should verify equivalency of exam as explained in Code 07.
NEET 2019 Application Form
Things to do before filling up NEET 2019 application form:
Candidates can apply online for NTA NEET 2019 exam through official website nta.ac.in, or if new website is launched then ntaneet.nic.in. Prior to filling in online application form, candidates must be prepared with these things.
- Details to be filled in NEET 2019 application form such as Address, Date of Birth, E-mail ID, Mobile Number, names of Father/Mother and Candidate with correct spellings.
- Details of any one valid ID such as Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment ID or Aadhaar Registration number, Bank Account Number, Passport Number, Ration Card Number, any other valid Government ID Number.
- Candidates can download and go through Replica of NEET 2019 Application Form from website.
- Scanned images of photograph, signature as per specifications.
- Candidates should also decide mode of fee payment beforehand (credit card / debit card / net banking / e challan).
- Those who will pay through credit card should keep that credit card ready.
- Those who will pay through debit card should keep that debit card ready.
- Those who will pay through netbanking should keep netbanking login credentials ready.
- Those who will pay through e-challan must have facility to print e challan while filling form.
Process Of Filling And Submitting NTA NEET 2019 Application Form
- Visit the official website nta.ac.in or if new website is launched then ntaneet.nic.in.
- Then download NEET 2019 information brochure, application form replica. Read them properly and verify eligibility criteria and other specifications before filling online application form.
- Now click on link to fill online application form.
- Read all instructions about NEET 2019 application form filling that appear on page. Here you will see 4 links that follow instructions.
- Fill in the on-line application form Step-1 and note down the registration number.
- Upload images of photograph and signature in JPEG format at Step-2 of the application.
- Make payment of fee as per available options in Step-3.
- Take print out of Confirmation page(s) at Step-4 of online application form and preserve it for future reference alongwith copy of proof of fee deposited.
- Click the link that is to apply online for NEET (UG) 2019.
- Understand and adhere to instructions and keep filling details asked to be filled in application form.
- Once data is filled in application form and you submit it, 2 links display at end of page – Next And Preview, Reset. If you are sure that all details that you have filled in NTA NEET exam 2019 application form are correct and verifiable then click on Next and Preview button. If there is any mistake then go Back.
- Then the password for online form can be entered after which candidates get an OTP at registered mobile number. Upon verifying OTP, candidates get Registration Number which displays on screen. Registration Number for NEET 2019 application form is also sent simultaneously to registered email ID and mobile number.
- Now candidate can either keep on filling up the form by clicking the Continue button. Or they can click the Later option and chose to save the form and login later to complete it.
- If Continue option is clicked then candidate can submit necessary details and complete first step of filling application form. Please note that there is an option to save data at all stages. After completing step 1, candidates can preview the filled in application form before submitting it.
- As soon as step 1 is complete, the form automatically goes to second page of uploading photograph and signature.
- Then candidate can upload photograph and signature in application form and automatically reach step 3 for fee payment.
- Payment of fee can be done in any of the available modes. After successfully paying fees, candidates can go to step 4 that is to print confirmation page.
- Print confirmation pager and proof of fee payment and keep them safely for future reference.
- Candidates can use any of the 4 links for applying online (as given above) separately at any time upto submission of form and thereafter only to print confirmation page.
- Application form of NEET 2019 can be filled only during the given schedule and at no time beyond that.
- NTA will also email a copy of confirmation page and self-declaration (if applicable) to regisetered email ID of candidate after successful submission of form.
- Applicant will be considered to appear in NEET 2019 exam only if his/her fee is paid and a registration number is issued.
Instructions For NEET 2019 Application Form
- It is the responsibility of test taker to ensure that he/she is eligible for NEET 2019 before applying for it. For this purpose candidates must read the information brochure properly before applying.
- Address should be completely filled with PIN code and email ID should be provided of own or or parents only so that NTA can contact candidate at any time.
- Mobile number and email ID should be working as candidates may get communication regarding NTA NEET 2019 exam on them via email or SMS.
- Communication details provided by candidate in NEET 2019 application form should be correct and working at least until counselling is over.
- It is strictly advised that candidates do not give address, contact details, email ID of coaching centres.
- Candidate has to fill relevant qualifying examination code in application form. In the event that candidate does not fit in any of the qualifications given in code 02 to 07 then they should select code 01 and give complete details.
- Those students who are appearing for class 12 exam in 2019 should select code 01.
- NTA NEET 2019 application form has to be filled and submitted in online mode only.
- There is no need to submit hard copy of application form.
- Candidates who are from Jammu and Kashmir must fill up self declaration to be eligible for admission to 15% All India Quota seats.
- Incomplete application forms of NEET 2019 shall be rejected.
- Only one application form should be filled and submitted. Those who submit multiple forms will face cancellation of candidature.
- Password generated at the time of paying fee, for online transaction, is valid only for 15 minutes. Therefore if more than that time is taken to pay fee then candidates have to click the Resend OTP button.
|General / OBC||Rs 1400|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs 750|
Additional charges: Service charges and processing fees will be over and above application fee for NEET 2019. Applicant needs to pay total amount that sums up with fee, additional charges, and taxes.
Non Refundable: It is important to keep in mind that application form cannot be withdrawn after submitting it. Fee shall not be refunded.
Use Your Own Card: In case of technical issues due to which candidate has to pay fee multiple times, in that case bank will refund extra fees within few days time. Therefore candidates must use their own credit card or account instead of cyber cafe.
Details To Fill In NEET 2019 Application Form
- Belonging to Rural/Urban area
- Choice of Examination Centre
- Date of Birth
- Disability Status
- Father’s/Guardian’s/Mother ‘s total annual Income
- Father’s/Guardian’s/Mother’s Educational Qualifications
- Father’s/Guardian’s/Mother’s Occupation
- Father’s Name
- ID details
- Minority Status
- Mother’s Name
- Percentage of marks/Grade in class X/ Equivalent & XII/ Equivalent
- Permanent Address
- Qualifying examination code
- Question Paper Language
- School Education Board
- Self Declaration
- State to which the applicant belongs to
- State/District of Birth
- State/District of class X, XI & XII
- Type of Institution of class XII/ Equivalent
- Year of Class XII/Equivalent passed/appearing
Specifications For Photograph, Signature
Applicants need to use photograph and signature as per following specifications.
- Passport size photograph with white background having name of candidate and date of taking photograph to upload in NEET 2019 Application Form and to use in counselling.
- Photograph should be taken on or after January 01, 2019.
- Candidate should not be wearing caps or goggles in it.
- Candidate is allowed to be wearing spectacles if he/she uses it regularly.
- Polaroid or computer generated photographs are not allowed.
- Such applications that have incorrect photograph or unclear photographs are liable for rejection.
- Photograph should be 10 kb – 100 kb.
- Signature should be done in running writing, not in all capital letters, in a box of necessary size.
- Signature should be 3 kb – 20 kb.
- Photograph should be uploaded in photograph box of NEET 2019 application form and Signature should be uploaded in signature box of NEET 2019 application form.
NEET 2019 Application Form Status
Details of candidature can be checked in candidate login account. In the event that confirmation page is not displayed, then candidate must complete step 3 of online application form and then take printout of confirmation page as step 4 after completing fee payment process. Confirmation page proves that payment is done and fee is updated.
NEET 2019 Admit Card
NTA will provide provision to download admit card of NTA NEET 2019 exam from official website. All those who have applied must download admit card from website and follow instructions given in it. It is important to note that NEET admit card will not be sent by post or any other means. Once candidates download the officially issued admit card they will also get a copy of it in PDF format by email at their registered email ID. NTA NEET 2019 Admit Card shall contain Category, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Language of Question Paper , Name, Name and Address of examination centre allotted, Photograph, Roll Number, Signature, Sub-Category. Candidates must check all details in admit card and see that they are correct and match with entries made in application form.
NEET 2019 OMR Answer Sheet And Responses
NTA will publish NEET 2019 OMR Answer Sheet and Responses that have been evaluated by the machine for all test takers on official website nta.ac.in. Exact date of display of OMR answer sheets, responses images will be published online after exam.
Challenge NEET 2019 OMR Answer Sheet And Responses
- Candidates will also get a chance to convey errors in OMR grading by paying a processing fee of Rs 1000 per response.
- Those representations will be checked by NTA by comparing to records and if there are any issues, they will be corrected. However candidates will not get any individual communication from NTA in this regard. They are advised to check official website to check and download NTA NEET exam 2019 Answer Sheets, OMR Responses.
NEET 2019 Answer Key
Official Answer Key of NTA NEET 2019 exam shall be published on official website after exam on date decided by NTA. Candidates will also be able to challenge provisional answer key through website. Date of availability of answer key and answer key challenge will be announced on official website by NTA.
Challenge NEET 2019 Answer Key
- Candidates who wish to challenge NEET 2019 Answer Key should pay a processing fee of Rs 1000 per question they wish to challenge.
- Challenges shall be used to verify claims by NTA by experts on respective subjects. If challenge is found to be correct then a new answer key will be issued with new correct answers. Candidates’ marks will be calculated on basis of new final answer key of NEET 2019 only which will be used to declare NEET 2019 Result.
- Candidates will not get separate intimation about acceptance or non acceptance of his or her challenge.
- Answer key finalized after challenges by NTA shall be final.
NEET 2019 Result
National Testing Agency (NTA) shall conduct NEET (UG) 2019, check answer sheets, compile result and publish it at nta.ac.in or ntaneet.nic.in. Merit list for NTA NEET 2019 shall be prepared as per norms. There will not be any separate category wise result sheets. After compiling results, NTA will publish it on website and candidates can download score card. All candidates who appear in NEET 2019 on May 05, 2019, should check official website to check result. Date of declaration of NEET 2019 Result is June 05, 2019.
Regarding Re-Checking / Re-Evaluation Of Answer Sheets
- OMR sheets are checked by machines and that is done with extreme care and precaution.
- There is no facility to request for rechecking or revaluation for NEET 2019. This is due to following reasons.
- Candidates are already provided one chance to tell issues in OMR Response Sheets, and Answer Keys.
- Machines check OMR Answer Sheet and are not partial in any sense.
- NTA shall not pay heed to any requests for rechecking or re-evaluation.
National Testing Agency (NTA) shall compile the All India Merit List for qualified candidates of NEET 2019 exam on basis of eligibility criteria prescribed by authorities. Eligibility criteria is as follows.
- 50th Percentile in NEET 2019 exam is necessary in the same year as admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC, ST, OBC categories must get 40th percentile.
- Candidates who are PWD need to get 45th percentile in order to qualify.
- Basis of determining percentile shall be highest marks obtained in All India Merit List of NEET for MBBS/BDS admission.
If there are not enough number of candidates in a category that have secured minimum marks as per qualifying cut off marks that are calculated on basis of percentile given above, then NTA may lower cut offs.
Candidates are requested to note that not only must they get cut off marks in NEET 2019 exam, they should also have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and scored at least 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology in qualifying examination. Those who belong to SC / ST / OBC categories must have obtained 40% marks in qualifying exam. Those who belong to PWD should have scored at least 45% marks in qualifying exam.
NTA will prepare list of qualified candidates in order of All India Rank on basis of marks obtained in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG) 2019.
When two or more students get same marks overall in NTA NEET 2019 exam, then inter se merit is determined by giving following order of preference.
- Candidate with more marks in Biology.
- Candidate with more marks in Chemistry.
- Candidate with lesser number of attempted wrong answers.
- Candidate older in age.
Merit List For 15% All India Quota Counselling
Merit list of NEET 2019 for qualified candidates who have chosen to go for 15% All India Quota seats will be compiled by NTA on basis of marks obtained in NEET 2019. NTA shall send merit list to Directorate General Health Services (DGHS) in order to carry out counselling for 15% AIQ seats.
Merit List For Seats Other Than 15% All India Quota
- NTA will publish All India Rank of all qualified candidates and provide results to DGHS, MOHFW (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare) so that it can be forwarded to admitting authorities.
- Applications for counselling will be released by admitting authorities who will allot seats to applicants on basis of their NTA NEET 2019 All India Rank (AIR) subject to existing rules.
- Admitting authorities will publish merit list of successful candidates as per their category and rank on basis of their state rules.
NEET 2019 Counselling
Counselling will be conducted separately for 15% All India Quota seats and 85% state seats.
NEET 2019 Counselling for 15% All India Quota, Central Institutions Including AFMC, ESI, BHU, AMU, Deemed Universities
Online counselling for MBBS/BDS admission through NEET 2019 to 15% AIQ seats will be conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), DGHS. Details including NEET 2019 counselling schedule, seat matrix, application form filling will be published at official website mcc.nic.in. Candidates must read detailed instructions, eligibility, and process before taking part in it.
NEET 2019 Counselling For Seats Other Than 15% All India Quota
Students who wish to get admission in state medical colleges, universities, institutions on basis of NEET 2019 should go through instructions published by state government, authorities conducting counselling. Other than deemed universities, counselling for private colleges will be done by state government.
Admitting institute will compile state wise merit list of NEET 2019 on basis of candidates who have applied for them in their categories. Candidates who wish to partake in counselling process should apply for it as per instructions announced by state government or admitting institute.